If you feel, like us, that hiking is the best way to discover Portugal and its gorgeous Nature, join us for a few days.
You will visit Lisbon Down-town and experience its fashion night on the first day. Go back to Discoveries time on the second day and visit Belém. We will get serious on the third day and hike towards the westernmost tip of Europe and finish our trip diving into pure Romanticism and gorgeous vegetation.
- Trip: 5 days trip
- Day 1: Lisbon Down Town We will hike through every spot in the “City of Light”. Starting with Bairro Alto, we will follow down to Baixa-Chiado and visit the heart of the city centre that was almost completely destroyed after the Great Earthquake of 1755. After lunch, we will climb up to the Castle “São Jorge” passing through the former Moorish neighbourhood of Alfama, the oldest district in the city. We will finish by a lovely supper and go through Lisbon’s bohemian nightlife and alternative lifestyle in Bairro Alto.
- Day 2: Get back to the Discoveries time! You will feel like Afonso Dom Henrique visiting Belém, full of majestic symbols of Portugal’s glorious seafaring past and heroes. You will love this serene part of the city appreciate its monuments: Jerónimos Monastery, Monument to the Discoveries and the Belém Tower, to mention part of it. Of course you will have the opportunity to taste the famous “Pasteis de Belém”. We will follow to Oeiras coast and Cascais.
- Day 3: towards the westernmost tip of Europe We will start from Cascais mountain-biking or hiking, as you prefer, along the coast and stop at the unspoilt sand dunes and untamed waves of Guincho beach. We will go back to trekking trails upon the wild cliffs towards the Cape Roca, popularised as “The place where the land ends and the sea begins” by 16th Century writer Luís de Camões.
- Day 4: Sintra-Cascais Natural Park You will visit the village of Colares, famous for its vineyards and dive into Sintra gorgeous vegetation, hiking Sintra hills towards the amazing Capuchin Convent built in 1560, that you will have the opportunity to visit. We will hike back to Sintra Village where we will have dinner.
- Day 5: From Sintra to Pena Palace We will feel that you didn´t see anything yet reaching the Moorish Castle and its magnificent views. We will follow towards the Pena Palace, 19th Century UNESCO World Heritage Site, which is considered one of the most original architectural masterpieces ever created. Its magnificent gardens will also leave you open-mouthed.
- Distance: 40km
- Supplied: Guide, Transfers, Insurance, full-board accommodation
- Duration: 5 days, 4 nights