Lisbon is a treasure surrounded by the River “Tejo” and the Atlantic Ocean that you will best appreciate from the seaside.
The expedition will start from Cascais on the Atlantic Ocean where you will paddle along one of the most beautiful urban coast in Europe until you reach the Tagus River. You will be amazed by the Castles, Palaces, Villas, Fortresses and by one of the prettiest Portuguese coastline. After reaching one of the historic edge of the Maritime Discoveries in Belém, we follow towards Sesimbra and explore its National Park and unique and wild coastline until we reach Troia Peninsula.
- Trip: 5 days trip
- Day 1: From the Atlantic Ocean to the Mouth of the Tagus River, 15km We will start our expedition in Cascais and head towards Oeiras, paddling along one of the prettiest coastline of the World. You will be delighted by the Castles, Palaces and Fortresses you will be able to best admire from the sea side.
- Day 2: Towards Lisbon, 12km We will go back to the Discoveries period and cross the steps of the greatest Portuguese Navigators. We will have some time to visit Belém by foot too and taste its delicious pastry called “Pasteis de Belém”.
- Day 3: Sesimbra – Espichel, 14km Sesimbra is a traditional fishing village that also stands in the middle of two Natural Parks: the Maritime Park Professor Luis Saldanha and Arrábida Natural Park. We will paddle the coast towards Cape Espichel and climb to the castle at night.
- Day 4: Sesimbra-Portinho, 14 km
The Maritime Park Professor Luis Saldanha is a fabulous reserve of subaquatic fauna and flora. The reserve also hosts a thirty dolphins that we will try to meet while paddling. In case we´re not lucky, we will appreciate the rocky outcrops and caves.
- Day 5: Towards Setúbal, 8km
We will reach Troia Peninsula and paddle in the Sado Natural Park and rest a little for this last trip. We might sea a couple of Dolphins that are frequent in these waters but can not promise for sure, sorry about that…
We will go back to Lisbon that you will be able to discover from the inside too, after a wonderful closing dinner.
- Day 6: Time for you to leave us… We will welcome again anytime!
- Distance: 63km
- Supplied: Guide, Transfers, Insurance, full-board accommodation
- Duration: 5 days, 4 nights